National Honor Society applications are available from Mrs. Marick. The applications are due by noon on Wednesday, March 26th to Mrs. Marick.
Thank you for your support of our chocolate sales.
We will be selling again in May.
On March 5th is State Degree Review and District Officer Elections. Two candidates may run from our chapter for a District Officer. If you are interested in running, please see Miss Lohr.
February 17-20th is National FFA week. We will be celebrating by hosting the following events for each day:
Monday: 6th-8th grade agriculture trivia competition, Elementary coloring contest handout
Tuesday: Official Dress Day; Appreciation Breakfast-Officers need to arrive at 5:30 am and the remainder of the FFA members need to there by 7:00 am; Ag Career Day; chapter photo at lunch
Wednesday: Rulon Gardner speaks at 2:00 pm for grades 5-12.
Thursday: Barnyard/Farm Safety Day; Recruitment Day for 6th-8th graders.
The FBLA chapter was unable to attend Thursday's District conference due to the weather. We will now be attending the District 4 conference in Sterling on Wednesday, February 12th. We will have students competing in four judged events. Good Luck to the remaining competitors.
Congratulations to the following State Qualifiers:
- Kendall Williams- 6th Place in Business Calculations
- Johnny Lawrence- 2nd Place in Business Law
- Wyatt Jordan, Neo Briseno, Justin Garver- 1st in Computer Game & Simulation
- McKinley Thompson- 2nd place in FBLA Principles & Procedues, 1st place in Intro-to Business
- Wyatt Jordan- 3rd Place in Intro-to Business
- Catelyn Tweeten- 3rd Place in Personal Finance
- Ross Stump- 1st Place in Spreadsheet Applications, 1st Place in Job Interview
- Alyssa Harms- 1st in Who's Who in FBLA.
- Zachariah Hastings- 9th in Intro-to Business
- Tyler Carmin, Ryan Dollerschell, Johnny Lawrence- 1st place in Management Decision Making
Congratulations to the following Place Winners in District 3 FBLA:
- Ryan Dollerschell- 7th in Accounting I
- Mya Briseno- 10th in Business Communication
- Zachariah Hastings- 5th in Business Math
- Haley Dollerschell- 6th in Business Math, 5th in Economics
- Mackenzie Powell- 8th in FBLA Principles & Procedures, 7th in Public Speaking I
- Shelby Sroufe- 10th in Health Care Administration
- Catelyn Tweeten- 9th in Health Care Administration
- Emily Medina- 10th in Personal Finance
- Sheyanne Warboys, Alyssa Harms, Erica Artis- 5th in Management Decision Making
Congratulations to the following Prairie Students who will be participating in the final round of the U.N.C. Math Contest on Saturday, January 25th, 2014:
Ross Stump, Aricka Breidenbach, Rebecca Kaiser, Austin Littlefield, Kendall Williams, Shayla Honebein, Caleb Baker, Nicole Doll, Emily Kaiser, and Maddie Pollart.
Mrs. Marick will accompany the students to the contest. We will leave at 10 a.m.
2012-2013 Yearbooks are now on SALE for 20$.
Please stop by Mr. Coles' room before or after school to purchase yours today!
(supplies are limited)
A special congratulations to Rebecca Kaiser for being elected the 2013-2014 District 14 Treasurer and Bryce Funk for being elected the 2013-2014 District 14 Vice President.
Bookmobile will come Wednesday, March 19.