PRAIRIE SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-11J at New Raymer, CO is now taking
applications for the following positions for the 2014-2015 school year:
high school science, K-12 art, athletic director, head football coach,
head boys basketball coach, special education, and elementary.
Please call 970-437-5351 for more information.
Position will be open until filled.
Prairie School is an equal opportunity employer.
(click here for application)
Ross Stump - 3rd Place in Chemistry
McKinley Thompson 1st Place in Geometry
Lane Goodman - 2nd Place in 8th Grade Mathematics
Walter Jordan - 3rd Place in 7th Grade Mathematics
You are invited to attend the National Honor Society induction ceremony on Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 at 1:30 p.m. in the auxilary gymnasium. Miss Nicole Freyschlag is the the guest speaker. Please contact Mrs. Marick for additional information.
There will be a meeting on Tuesday, April 8th right after school to finalize Post Prom events. After Prom will be for students in grades 9-12. After Prom will run from 11pm to 2am. We welcome any parent that would like to be involved with this opportunity. Please contact the school for more information. Students will be required to have a signed permission to attend After Prom.
Your March Memo is ready for viewing!
National Honor Society applications are available from Mrs. Marick. The applications are due by noon on Wednesday, March 26th to Mrs. Marick.
On March 5th is State Degree Review and District Officer Elections. Two candidates may run from our chapter for a District Officer. If you are interested in running, please see Miss Lohr.
February 17-20th is National FFA week. We will be celebrating by hosting the following events for each day:
Monday: 6th-8th grade agriculture trivia competition, Elementary coloring contest handout
Tuesday: Official Dress Day; Appreciation Breakfast-Officers need to arrive at 5:30 am and the remainder of the FFA members need to there by 7:00 am; Ag Career Day; chapter photo at lunch
Wednesday: Rulon Gardner speaks at 2:00 pm for grades 5-12.
Thursday: Barnyard/Farm Safety Day; Recruitment Day for 6th-8th graders.
The FBLA chapter was unable to attend Thursday's District conference due to the weather. We will now be attending the District 4 conference in Sterling on Wednesday, February 12th. We will have students competing in four judged events. Good Luck to the remaining competitors.
Congratulations to the following State Qualifiers:
- Kendall Williams- 6th Place in Business Calculations
- Johnny Lawrence- 2nd Place in Business Law
- Wyatt Jordan, Neo Briseno, Justin Garver- 1st in Computer Game & Simulation
- McKinley Thompson- 2nd place in FBLA Principles & Procedues, 1st place in Intro-to Business
- Wyatt Jordan- 3rd Place in Intro-to Business
- Catelyn Tweeten- 3rd Place in Personal Finance
- Ross Stump- 1st Place in Spreadsheet Applications, 1st Place in Job Interview
- Alyssa Harms- 1st in Who's Who in FBLA.
- Zachariah Hastings- 9th in Intro-to Business
- Tyler Carmin, Ryan Dollerschell, Johnny Lawrence- 1st place in Management Decision Making
Congratulations to the following Place Winners in District 3 FBLA:
- Ryan Dollerschell- 7th in Accounting I
- Mya Briseno- 10th in Business Communication
- Zachariah Hastings- 5th in Business Math
- Haley Dollerschell- 6th in Business Math, 5th in Economics
- Mackenzie Powell- 8th in FBLA Principles & Procedures, 7th in Public Speaking I
- Shelby Sroufe- 10th in Health Care Administration
- Catelyn Tweeten- 9th in Health Care Administration
- Emily Medina- 10th in Personal Finance
- Sheyanne Warboys, Alyssa Harms, Erica Artis- 5th in Management Decision Making